Oh-So Fresh Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Preparation Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours 30 minutes | Servings: Serves 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 dozen snow peas, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely sliced
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- dressing: 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
How to make it:
- Mix the chicken marinade ingredients in a bowl, and add in the chicken. Coat the chicken thoroughly, cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge to marinade for a minimum of 2hrs.
- Place the chicken, along with marinade and ½ cup water on a baking tray and cook for approx. 20 minutes in a preheated 180°C oven. Check to make sure it has cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, chop all of the salad ingredients, and place into a bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, and drizzle over the salad just before serving.